A Few Thoughts About 40 Kinds of People Not to Have Fellowship With
Dake Annotated Reference Bible Topics - Forty Kinds of People Not to Have Fellowship With
(Note, Dake has notes on Adoptionism and a 9-part God, which are heresies)
Under Note – 1 John 1:3
Forty Kinds of People Not to Have Fellowship With
1. The ungodly (Psalm 1)
Psalms 1:1-6 GNB Happy are those who reject the advice of evil people, who do not follow the example of sinners or join those who have no use for God. 2 Instead, they find joy in obeying the Law of the LORD, and they study it day and night. 3 They are like trees that grow beside a stream, that bear fruit at the right time, and whose leaves do not dry up. They succeed in everything they do. 4 But evil people are not like this at all; they are like straw that the wind blows away. 5 Sinners will be condemned by God and kept apart from God's own people. 6 The righteous are guided and protected by the LORD, but the evil are on the way to their doom.
2. Scorners (Psalm 1)
3. Workers of iniquity (Psalm 6:8)
Psalms 6:8 GNB Keep away from me, you evil people! The LORD hears my weeping.
4. Vain persons (Psalm 26:4)
Psalms 26:4-5 GNB I do not keep company with worthless people; I have nothing to do with hypocrites. 5 I hate the company of the evil and avoid the wicked.
5. Evil workers (Psalm 26:5)
Psalms 26:5 GNB I hate the company of the evil and avoid the wicked.
6. Criminals (Proverbs 1:10-15)
Proverbs 1:10-15 GNB My child, when sinners tempt you, don't give in. 11 Suppose they say, "Come on; let's find someone to kill! Let's attack some innocent people for the fun of it! 12 They may be alive and well when we find them, but they'll be dead when we're through with them! 13 We'll find all kinds of riches and fill our houses with loot! 14 Come and join us, and we'll all share what we steal." 15 My child, don't go with people like that. Stay away from them.
7. The foolish (Proverbs 9:6; 14:17)
Proverbs 9:6 GNB Leave the company of ignorant people, and live. Follow the way of knowledge.
Proverbs 14:17 GNB People with a hot temper do foolish things; wiser people remain calm.
8. The angry man (Proverbs 22:24)
Proverbs 22:24 GNB Don't make friends with people who have hot, violent tempers.
9. An excommunicated church member (Matthew 18:17)
Matthew 18:17 GNB and if he will not listen to them, then tell the whole thing to the church. Finally, if he will not listen to the church, treat him as though he were a pagan or a tax collector.
10. Those causing divisions (Romans 16:17)
Romans 16:17 GNB I urge you, my friends: watch out for those who cause divisions and upset people's faith and go against the teaching which you have received. Keep away from them!
11. Backsliders (2 John 1:9-11)
2 John 1:9-11 GNB Anyone who does not stay with the teaching of Christ, but goes beyond it, does not have God. Whoever does stay with the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 So then, if some come to you who do not bring this teaching, do not welcome them in your homes; do not even say, "Peace be with you." 11 For anyone who wishes them peace becomes their partner in the evil things they do.
12. False teachers (1 Timothy 6:3-5; 2 John 1:10)
1 Timothy 6:3-5 GNB Whoever teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the true words of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the teaching of our religion 4 is swollen with pride and knows nothing. He has an unhealthy desire to argue and quarrel about words, and this brings on jealousy, disputes, insults, evil suspicions, 5 and constant arguments from people whose minds do not function and who no longer have the truth. They think that religion is a way to become rich.
2 John 1:10 GNB So then, if some come to you who do not bring this teaching, do not welcome them in your homes; do not even say, "Peace be with you."
13. The disorderly (2 Thessalonians 3:6)
2 Thessalonians 3:6 GNB Our friends, we command you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to keep away from all believers who are living a lazy life and who do not follow the instructions that we gave them.
14. The disobedient (2 Thessalonians 3:14-15)
2 Thessalonians 3:14-15 GNB It may be that some there will not obey the message we send you in this letter. If so, take note of them and have nothing to do with them, so that they will be ashamed. 15 But do not treat them as enemies; instead, warn them as believers.
15. Unbelievers (2 Corinthians 6:14)
2 Corinthians 6:14-15 GNB Do not try to work together as equals with unbelievers, for it cannot be done. How can right and wrong be partners? How can light and darkness live together? 15 How can Christ and the Devil agree? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?
16. Infidels (2 Corinthians 6:15)
2 Corinthians 6:15 GNB How can Christ and the Devil agree? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?
17. Fornicators (1 Corinthians 5:9)
1 Corinthians 5:9 GNB in the letter that I wrote you I told you not to associate with immoral people.
18. Covetous people (1 Corinthians 5:10)
1 Corinthians 5:10 GNB Now I did not mean pagans who are immoral or greedy or are thieves, or who worship idols. To avoid them you would have to get out of the world completely.
19. Extortioners (1 Corinthians 5:10)
20. Idolaters (1 Corinthians 5:10)
21. Railers (1 Corinthians 5:11)
1 Corinthians 5:11 GNB What I meant was that you should not associate with a person who calls himself a believer but is immoral or greedy or worships idols or is a slanderer or a drunkard or a thief. Don't even sit down to eat with such a person.
22. Drunkards (1 Corinthians 5:11)
23. Lovers of themselves (2 Timothy 3:2)
2 Timothy 3:2 GNB People will be selfish, greedy, boastful, and conceited; they will be insulting, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, and irreligious.
24. Boasters (2 Timothy 3:2)
25. Proud people (2 Timothy 3:2)
26. Blasphemers (2 Timothy 3:2)
27. Those who are disobedient to parents (2 Timothy 3:2)
28. Unthankful people (2 Timothy 3:2)
29. Unholy people (2 Timothy 3:2)
30. Those without natural affection (2 Timothy 3:3)
2 Timothy 3:3 GNB they will be unkind, merciless, slanderers, violent, and fierce; they will hate the good.
31. Trucebreakers (2 Timothy 3:3)
32. False accusers (2 Timothy 3:3)
33. Incontinent (2 Timothy 3:3)
34. Fierce people (2 Timothy 3:3)
35. Despisers of those who are good (2 Timothy 3:3)
36. Traitors (2 Timothy 3:4)
2 Timothy 3:4 GNB they will be treacherous, reckless, and swollen with pride; they will love pleasure rather than God.
37. Heady people (2 Timothy 3:4)
38. High-minded people (2 Timothy 3:4)
39. Those who love pleasure more than God (2 Timothy 3:4)
40. Hypocrites-those who have “a form of godliness, but deny the power thereof” (2 Timothy 3:5)
2 Timothy 3:5 GNB they will hold to the outward form of our religion but reject its real power. Keep away from such people.
A Few Thoughts About 40 Kinds of People Not to Have Fellowship With